Monday, December 23, 2013

// Long Dramatic Sigh

[photo cred]
Everything is done that I can possibly remember at this, the eleventh hour before Christmas Eve. The gifts are bought and made. The caramels have been delicately wrapped in wax paper. My babies are resting and now it is time for me to simply enjoy the company of my husband. This has been a delightful holiday season for me. I usually dread the end of the year, because for me it is usually accompanied by anxiety. What will I give this person for Christmas? Will they like it? Am I thoughtful enough to come up with something for my picky husband? Should I try to cook a ham?

But this year we had a new baby to focus on. And because I knew she would arrive two short days prior to Thanksgiving, I resigned to the fact that I would not be able to get "everything" done and that I was completely okay with it because I would have a beautiful baby girl to care for instead. Ironically, we got most of it done anyway, and with minimal stress. Somehow, deciding that I wouldn't worry made it so much easier to just do what I needed to do.

Here's to trying to remember this next year. :)

Anyway, time for me to go make some of these adorable sweats. (Thanks, Heidi for the free pattern.)
And play WoW.

No comments:

Post a Comment